I inherited an SRM deployment that constantly has replication issues and is not something that we’re confident we can fail over to. I would like to remove it and install a fresh SRM 8.2 instance between our primary and DR sites. I talked to VMware support about it and these were the general steps I received to remove SRM and the replication appliance:
1) Delete Protection Groups out of SRM
2) Delete Recovery Plans out of SRM
3) Remove all “Replications” from SRM
4) Uninstall SRM from Windows server it lives on
5) Unregister VRMS from VAMI page
5) Delete VRMS VM
6) Repeat any applicable steps on DR side
To redeploy, I just need to reverse these steps, correct?
1) Deploy VRMS VM in both PROD and DR
2) Register VRMS VM (if not done via setup) in PROD and DR vCenters
3) Deploy SRM appliance in both PROD and DR, registering them with their associated vCenter servers
4) Run through the SRM setup steps on the PROD side to create my site pair, replications, recovoery plans, and protection groups
Is that the gist of it? Does anyone else have any experience with this?
View Reddit by jamesgamble – View Source