I was wondering if anyone had insight on the following issue, and how you get around it.
I’ll try to keep explanations brief, but it could get complicated explaining…
- 1000 licenses
- 2 Pods (CPA) each with
- 2 Pools:
- Zero Client Pool (VMs for 500 Zero Clients total evenly across both pods, floating, need to guarantee a desktop is available).
- BYOD Pool (500 floating licenses evenly across both pods).
POD1 ZC Pool – 250 MAX VMs
POD1 BYOD Pool – 250 MAX VMs
POD2 ZC Pool – 250 MAX VMs
POD2 BYOD Pool – 250 MAX VMs
1. A pod goes down.There are not enough desktops in the other pod to take the load. We are at half service.
- Is that fine for you, and you increase manually on the pod that is up?
2. ZCs are all used. Shift change comes along and some people don’t log off – automated logoffs don’t happen for 15 minutes. New shift can’t get a desktop.
- Do you instead have … say 300VMs per ZC pool?
- What happens if all 300 are used (for at least that 15 minute period) – licensing prevents potentially free BYOD VMs being available.
Any resources/links that might deal with these sorts of best practices?