Our VCSA 6.7 is messed up, so much trouble with it that we need to restart it every other week.
Some of the issues:
– Web GUI becomes slow/unresponsive when doing some specific actions like Migrate a vm. (Still works with powershell).
– Adding a host will fail with error “out of licenses” though we are not.
– above will “fix itself” for a week or two after a restart.
– After a restart all vmware systemd services is masked, which means they wont start, i need to unmask and start manually.
– When we migrated to VCSA you had the choice of like small, medium, large vcenter, we are small but all was greyed out except for large so now we have a disk that 1.6TB which is mostly empty. Support gave up and said “It’s thin provisioning anyway”.
And other stuff, hard to create a case with vmware with all this issues and thinking about just migrating to another vcenter. Have read that you could just do vmotion over if vCenter is the same version. The problem i see is with Veeam, they identify the VM based on moref, i cant find if moref is the same when migrated or not. I don’t want to start a new backup chain for all my backups and VMs.
Has anyone any experience with this? Any gotchas?
View Reddit by bartoooo – View Source