I recently installed Ubuntu 19.10 on my laptop i previously ran VMware workstation 15 pro on Ubuntu 19.04 without issues.
I installed vmware using these stepes:
– download installer.bundle
– sudo bash VMware-Workstation-Full-15.5.0-14665864.x86_64.bundle
– sudo vmware-modconfig –console –install-all
– openssl req -new -x509 -newkey rsa:2048 -keyout VMWARE15.priv -outform DER -out VMWARE15.der -nodes -days 36500 -subj “/CN=VMWARE/”
– sudo /usr/src/linux-headers-$(uname -r)/scripts/sign-file sha256 ./VMWARE15.priv ./VMWARE15.der $(modinfo -n vmmon)
– sudo /usr/src/linux-headers-$(uname -r)/scripts/sign-file sha256 ./VMWARE15.priv ./VMWARE15.der $(modinfo -n vmnet)
– tail $(modinfo -n vmmon) | grep “Module signature appended”
– sudo mokutil –import VMWARE15.der
which are the same steps i followed while installing on Ubuntu 19.04. But after i created a vm i found out that the vm didnt have access to the internet.
So i ran ifconfig -a to see if the vmnet interfaces where up. They where nonexistent.
When i ran “sudo /usr/bin/vmware-networks –status” i found out they where not running:
Bridge networking on vmnet0 is running
DHCP service on vmnet1 is not running
DHCP service on vmnet8 is not running
NAT service on vmnet8 is not running
Hostonly virtual adapter on vmnet8 is disabled
Some/All of the configured services are not running
I tried starting them but that failed:
sudo /usr/bin/vmware-networks –start
Started Bridge networking on vmnet0
Failed to start DHCP service on vmnet1
Failed to start NAT service on vmnet8
Failed to enable hostonly virtual adapter on vmnet8
Failed to start DHCP service on vmnet8
Failed to start some/all services
Does anyone know how to resolve this or if there are any install steps i forgot?
To see the full content, share this page by clicking one of the buttons below