Yes, this again…
Trying to deploy a UAG via Powershell and getting endlessly prompted for the password. vCenter logs a failed login attempt every time.
Things I have tried:
* vsphere local admin account
* admin account sourced from our AD
* admin account sourced from our AD, with and without DOMAIN\ and/or @ [corp.domain.com](https://corp.domain.com)
* all of the above done with url-encoded characters to escape the special characters
* admin account sourced from our AD after setting the password to have only alphanumeric characters, and trying all the same methods as above
* All of the above with @ and \ escaped with ASCII encoded ovftools-‘safe’ characters
* Every valid-seeming resource path in the ini file I can think of, from the vcsa as the only option all the way down through cluster and host.
I am aware of the ovftools restrictions with special characters and the need to encode or remove them, but this is just ridiculous. I can’t believe that even a fresh admin account with an alphanumeric, ridiculously insecure password still can’t log in.
We are temporarily abandoning the powershell method so we can keep going but I’m beyond frustrated. Any insight? It really feels like the latest deployment script is just broken. Thanks in advance.
View Reddit by FerengiKnuckles – View Source