I am trying to get VMware Replication running in my test/dev environment.
vCenter: 6.7.0 14368073
VMware Replication: 8.2.0 14761900
Two physical ESXi hosts connected back to back, ie: no firewalls or network devices in the way.
Deployed via vCenter web client OVF install.
I have redeployed the appliances multiple times with the same result.
I can successfully replicate VMs from site B to site A, but I can’t do it the other way round.
The replication job from Site A just sits in a “Not Active” state.
I’ve read though multiple forums/websites that describe the common Replication issues. I have ensured:
- Full network connectivity between the two sites is available.
- All the required VIBs are loaded on the ESXi servers (I did see VMware Knowledge Base )
- The ESXi firewall ports are enabled for “Replication-to-Cloud Traffic”
- Both replication appliances can see each other and show the status as connected.
- vCenter on both sides shows the Replication appliances as connected.
I can’t see any obvious errors in the ESXi or Replication Appliance logs (perhaps I’m not looking for the right thing).
At this stage, I can’t think of anything else to check, so suggestions are most welcome.