I’m not sure what happened here, and I’m hoping reddit can help me figure it out.
* Centos 7 VM, 128GB disk, thin provisioned. ESXi 6.5 only (no Vcenter)
* ESXi stopped the VM, and displayed the question “the vm is out of space, would you like to try the last operation again, or cancel”.
* I ssh’ed into the guest OS (hitting retry about 100 times) and deleted some files. No change. Guest OS said it was using 27 GB of 128GB.
* ESXi said there was 60GB of free space on the datastore.
* There were no snapshots of the VM
I was able to fix the issue by exporting the VM, then redeploying it (again thin provisioned). I just don’t know what the original issue was. I still have the old VM if I need to power it on again.
Any thoughts as to what cause this issue?
View Reddit by HotButteredGopher – View Source