It’s not recommended to use the ESXi as the NTP-server. a good configuration can be similar to:
- Set the ESXi hosts and vCenter Server to receive time Settings from a reliable internal NTP server. Your internal NTP server must be synchronized with an external NTP server.
- On this state I prefer to choose two method:
- For Windows-based VMs and domain environments, I will set the PDC server (Primary Domain Controller) as the NTP server. Don’t forget to synchronize your PDC with the internal NTP server.
- For Linux-based VMs if you have a problem with getting time settings from DC, you can set the internal NTP server for them too. (Remember NTP versions are Backward-Compatible)
- If the time of the hosts is synchronized correctly, you can also set the ESXi host as the source of time in the VM settings. (As I mentioned before I prefer to choose step 2)
Please mark my comment as the Correct Answer if this solution resolved your problem
To see the full content, share this page by clicking one of the buttons below